This article provides instructions on transferring your email from another host which is not using cPanel to Ecenica hosting.
This process requires:
- A 3rd-party email app, Thunderbird
- Your email account details from your old host.
- Your new email accounts setup on your Ecenica hosting package.
- Download, Install and open Thunderbird
- Setup your old email account in Thunderbird using your old hosting provider’s details.
- Setup your new Ecenica email account in Thunderbird. See our Thunderbird setup guide
After completing the steps above you’ll have Thunderbird installed with 2 email accounts, one at your old host and one at Ecenica.
Migrate email steps
- Select your old email account Inbox in Thunderbird to open it.
- From the toolbar, click Edit > Select > All
- All your emails will be highlighted. Right click > Copy To > Your new Ecenica email account > Inbox
Thunderbird will begin copying emails from your old email host to your new Ecenica email account. The progress is shown at the bottom left Thunderbird.