This is a guide for the first few steps to get started with your new WooCommerce powered online shop.
Step 1: Log in to WordPress Dashboard
Every part of your online shop can be managed from your WordPress Dashboard. To log in please see How to log in to WordPress Dashboard
Step 2: Creating Products
As part of the Ecenica Online Store we’ll have set up a number of demo products. The fastest and best way to add new products to your online store is to create duplicates of these demo products.
How to duplicate an existing product
- Click Products from the left menu in your WordPress Dashboard
- Hover your mouse over an existing product and then click Duplicate
- You’ll be immediately redirected to the copy of your product.
Entering your new product details
Products are made up of the following information:
- Permalink (url)
- Product Data (Price, Inventory, Shipping, Linked Products, Attributes, etc)
- Product Short Description
- Product Image
- Product Tags
- Product Category
Update your products Title, Description and url. We’ve highlighted each part on the image below.
Once you’ve made changes click Save Draft.
Product Data is where the most important details for your product are set:
Set your product price
- Click General
- Set the Regular price and if you are running a sale the Sale Price. Leaving Sale Price blank will remove the sale badge from the front end of your shop.
Set your product attributes
- Click Attributes
- Click the Expand link
- Use the drop-down selector to select a pre-configured attribute. Click Add.
- Click the Values box to choose an existing value.
- If you need to add a new value, click Add new. Enter the name and click OK
- Click the blue Save attributes button to save your changes.
How to put store in demo mode (and live again)
- Click Appearance > Customize
- Click WooCommerce > Store Notice
- Check Enable store notice
To make it live repeat the above steps and uncheck store notice.