Pointing a domain to Wix using DNS IP records
It’s possible to setup DNS records to link your Wix website to your domain if it is pointed to Ecenica Free DNS.
We strongly recommend using the Pointing method to connect your Ecenica domain to your Wix website if you have a Ecenica Email hosting plan. Using Ecenica name servers and connecting your domain to your Wix website using Pointing keeps your email accounts working 100% and ensures all our advanced email features such anti-spam and anti-spoofing work correctly.
- Log in to your Wix account. Select Domains from your account menu.
- Click Connect a domain you already own
- Enter your Ecenica domain name. For example, example.com.
- Click Connection Method and select Pointing. Click Confirm. Click Next
- Click Start to begin the connection process. Click I logged in. Click I found my domain settings. Click I found the records. Wix will provide you with two DNS records:
- Open Ecenica Dashboard and go to My Domains. Select your domain you wish to connect to Wix.
- From the menu, click DNS.
- Click the Edit icon next to your root A DNS record. This has an @ sign for the name.
- Change the Value entry and enter the IP Address Wix provided in step 6. Click Save
- Click the Edit icon next to your www. CNAME DNS record.
- Change the Value entry and enter the CNAME record Wix provided in step 6. For example, www195.wixdns.net and click Save.
- Go back to your Wix account and click I updated my records to complete.