Ecenica does not recommend connecting your domain using the name server method. Instead we recommend connecting via pointing as you can keep full control over your domain name, you can use your domain name to connect other services such as email and you can contact Ecenica for support with your domain.
Although Ecenica does not recommend connecting via name servers, you can follow the steps below to connect your domain purchased with Ecenica to your Wix website using name servers.
- Log in to your Wix account. And follow the Wix Connecting a Domain to the Wix Name Servers guide steps to connect your domain
- Log in to Ecenica Dashboard.
- Go to My Domains.
- Click a domain you wish to manage.
- From the menu, click DNS.
- Select Use custom name servers and then enter the name servers Wix provided you into the fields. Click Save
- It may take up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to propagate
- You must only enter the two Wix nameservers. Entering other Nameservers will cause your connection to fail.
- You may need to clear your web browser cache.
- Any DNS settings you have configured on your Ecenica service will stop working and may need to be re-configured with Wix to ensure your Ecenica email services work as expected.
- Log in to your Wix account and finish setting up your domain