If you purchased a domain elsewhere and want to keep it registered with them you can connect it to your Ecenica hosting service by following this general guide. You may also find your domain registrar has their own specific guide for changing name servers.
If your domain is eligible we recommend transferring it. See how to transfer my domain.
To connect your domain to the Ecenica name servers
- Log in to your domain registrar’s account.
- Go to your domain’s name server settings.
- Replace your current name servers with the Ecenica name servers below.
Note: Please contact your domain provider if you need help changing your domain’s name servers.
How long will my domain take to update?
It usually takes around 24 to 48 hours for the changes to your domain’s name servers to come into effect. Some domain registrars can take longer.
I’ve updated my domain but it is not working?
- Wait at least 48 hours first for your domain names to update to use our domain name servers.
- Check that the name servers you have entered are correct. A simple typo can stop your domain from working.
- Check your Ecenica hosting service is active.
- If none of above has worked then contact your existing domain registrar to see why the name server change hasn’t worked.