This article shows you how to link your domain name to your website hosted at Wix.com.
You’ll need a Wix Premium Plan to connect an external domain and remove wix.com from your web site URL. – Save money on expensive Wix.com Premium Plans by upgrading your domain to one of our acclaimed Web hosting plans. All web hosting packages allow you to easily connect your domain to your web site, are 100% advert free and include access to our expert technical support team.
Option 1 – Pointing a domain to Wix using Wix name servers
- Log in to your Wix account. And follow the Wix Connecting a Domain to the Wix Name Servers guide steps to connect your domain
- Log in to your Ecenica Dashboard. Click Domains > My Domains
- Click the drop down arrow next to your domain and select Edit Nameservers
- Select Use custom nameservers (enter below) and then enter the nameservers Wix provided you into the fields. Click Save changes
- It may take up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to propagate
- You may need to clear your web browser cache.
- Any email service or DNS settings you have configured on your Ecenica service will stop working and will need to be re-configured with Wix
- Log in to your Wix account and finish setting up your domain
Option 2 – Pointing a domain to Wix using DNS IP records
It’s possible to setup DNS records to link your Wix website to your domain if it is pointed to Ecenica Free DNS. This method keeps your email forwarding or email hosting working.
- Log in to your Wix account. Click My Sites then select your website you wish to connect your domain to.
- Click Manage Site
- Click Connect Domain
- Click Connect a domain you already own
- Enter your domain name into the field, for example, mywebsite.co.uk. Select Other from Where did you buy your domain
- Click the Change link next to Connection Method
- Select Pointing. Click Change Method and click Next
- Wix will provide three DNS records. Note these down.
- Log in to your Ecenica Dashboard. Click Domains > My Domains then select your domain you wish to point to Wix
- Click Domain Tools > DNS Management
- Select A from Filter and then click Edit for the record named example.com
- Enter the IP Address Wix provided into the Record entry, replacing any existing details. Click Save Record
- Select CNAME from Filter and then click Edit for the record named www.example.com
- Enter the www CNAME record Wix provided into the Record entry, replacing any existing details. Click Save Record
- Click Add Record. Enter m into Name. Enter the m CNAME record Wix provided into the Record entry. Click Add Record
- Go back to your Wix account and click Next
- Click close to complete the pointing