In this guide we give you easy, step-by-step instructions on how-to install a WordPress theme on your website.
Steps to install a WordPress theme
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard with your admin user details.
- From the left menu, click Appearance > Themes
- Click Add New
- Search for a theme. In our example, we’re searching for the popular Boardwalk free WordPress theme.
- Select theme you like and click Install
- Click Activate to make your theme live on your website.
That’s it. Open your website and you’ll be able to see your brand new theme.
Want someone to install your WordPress theme for you?
Our crack team of WordPress experts can install any WordPress theme for you.
This service is included free with any of Ecenica WordPress hosting plan.
Test how your new theme will look by clicking the Live Preview link. In preview mode the new theme will only be seen by you. Your website visitors will still see your current Active theme.
Use the Feature Filter in your WordPress theme area to find themes based on your preferred colour scheme, layout and design.
If you’re switching from an old theme then the new theme may have some extra features and changes which didn’t exist before. You may need to edit your menu’s or post content to add new images, etc to get the most out of your new theme.