We’ll show you how-to install WooCommerce on your WordPress website so you can create an online store and start selling your products and services online.
What is WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a plugin for the popular website builder, WordPress which adds the ability to run an online store. WooCommerce is the most popular Ecommmerce platform on the web, powering over 37% of all online stores with nearly 15 million downloads.
Want someone to install WooCommerce for you?
Sign-up for Ecenica UK WordPress hosting and get a FREE install of WooCommerce
Our team of WordPress experts will install WooCommerce for you on your WordPress website. Saving you time, money and hassle.
Steps to Install WooCommerce Plugin
The first step to setting up your new WooCommerce powered online store is to search and add the plugin to your WordPress website.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click Plugins > Add New
- Search for woocommerce, then find WooCommerce in the results and click Install Now.
- Click Activate Plugin
Setup your WooCommerce store
Now you’ve activated WooCommerce you’ll be automatically taken to the setup wizard where you can start setting up your new online shop.
- The WooCommerce Setup Wizard will open. Click Let’s Go!
- Click Continue to set up the default WooCommerce pages.
- Choose your store locale. If you’re using a Ecenica UK WordPress hosting package then this will automatically default to UK settings. Click Continue.
- Setup your shipping and tax settings. For most UK online stores we recommend the following settings:
- Yes, I will be shipping physical goods to customers: Checked
- Enter your domestic and International shipping costs. You can change these later.
- Yes, I will be charging sales tax: Checked
- I will enter prices inclusive of tax: Selected
- Yes, please import some starter tax rates: Checked
- Enter your PayPal email address if you wish to take payments via PayPal. Click Continue
Congratulations! You’ve installed WooCommerce on your WordPress website.