When you send an email, the following error can occur:
Cannot send message using the server firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are using Apple Mail on your Mac
- You cannot send emails
- Receiving emails works fine.
- Incorrect SMTP settings
- Your ISP is blocking emails from being sent via port 25
Check your Outgoing SMTP settings in Apple Mail using the steps below:
- Click Edit SMTP Server List
- Select your Ecenica email SMTP from the list
- Check Server Name is set to mail.your-domain.com or for SSL email, your Ecenica package’s server name.
- Click Advanced
- Uncheck Automatically detect and maintain account settings
- Set port to 465 and check Use SSL
- Set Authentication to Password
- Set User Name as your email address. For example, email@example.com
- Set Password as your mailbox password.
- Click OK
- Close the Accounts window.
- Click Try with selected server