The following article describes step-by-step how to set up Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 to connect to your Ecenica email address using POP3.
What You’ll Learn
You will complete the following:
- Open Outlook 2010
- Create a POP3 email address
- Enter your email settings
- Send and Receive email using Outlook 2010
Before you start checklist
Have the following ready before you start:
- Your Ecenica domain name.
- Your Ecenica email address.
- Your email password.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed on your computer.
Setup POP3 email in Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. If you have just installed Outlook 2010 it will show in your Start Menu. Click Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
- If this is the first time you have opened Outlook 2010 then the Startup wizard will show. Click Next.
- Outlook will ask if you wish to configure an email account. Select Yes and click Next.
- If the Setup Wizard does not show then click the File menu and click Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next
- Outlook will prompt you to choose your E-mail Service. Select Internet E-mail. Then click Next.
- You are now asked to enter your email account details.
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address. For example, email@example.com
- Select POP3 for the Account Type
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server – replacing example.com with your own Ecenica domain name.
- Enter mail.example.com as your Outgoing Mail Server – replacing example.com with your own Ecenica domain name.
- For User Name, enter your email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your email password
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and then tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Click Ok.
- Click Next
- Outlook will test your settings. Click Close
- Click Finish.
- Your Ecenica POP3 email account now appears on the left-side of Outlook 2010.
- From Outlook 2010’s menu bar select Send/Receive, then click Send/Receive All Folders
- Outlook 2010 will now connect to your Ecenica email account and show you any emails in your inbox.
Congratulations. You’ve now configured Microsoft Outlook 2010 to send and receive email using POP3.