The following article guides you through setting up Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to connect to your Ecenica email account using IMAP.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn to do the following:
- Open Outlook 2007
- Create an IMAP email account
- Enter your email settings
- Send and Receive email using Outlook 2007
Before you start checklist
Have the following ready before you start:
- Your Ecenica domain name.
- Your Ecenica email address.
- Your email password.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 installed on your computer.
Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. If you’ve just installed Outlook 2007 it will show in your Start Menu. Alternatively, click Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- If this is the first time you have run Outlook 2007 then it will show you the Startup wizard. Click Next.
- Outlook will then ask you if you want to configure an email account. Select Yes and click Next.
- If no window appears then click the Tools menu, click Account Settings and click New…. Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next
- Tick Manually configure server settings for e-mail account.
- Click the Next button.
- Outlook will ask you to choose your E-mail Service. Select Internet E-mail. Then click Next.
- You are now prompted to enter your email account details.
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address. For example, email@example.com
- Select IMAP for the Account Type
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server – replacing example.com with your own Ecenica domain name.
- Enter mail.example.com as your Outgoing Mail Server – replacing example.com with your own Ecenica domain name.
- For User Name, enter your email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your email password
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and then tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Click Ok.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Your Ecenica email account now appears on the left-side of Outlook.
- From Outlook 2007’s menu bar click Send/Receive (Or press F9).
- Outlook 2007 will now connect to your Ecenica email account and show you any emails in your inbox.
Congratulations. You’ve now configured Microsoft Outlook 2007 to send and receive email using IMAP.