If you know your username or email use the “lost password” feature in WordPress
- Open your WordPress login page. For example, https://www.yourdomain.com/wp-login.php Replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name
- Click Lost your password?
- Enter your username or email address, click Get New Password
- Open your email account and find the Password Reset email. Click the reset link.
- Enter a new password and click Reset Password
If you do not know your username or email, reset your password via your database
If you have forgotten your WordPress administrator username or email address then you can reset your password in your database.
- Log in to cPanel.
- For help accessing your cPanel see Where do I log in to my hosting control panel.
- Click phpMyAdmin.
- Select your WordPress database.
- Select wp_users.
- Click Edit next to your admin user. Take a note of the user_login name.
- Find user_pass, click the Function dropdown list next to it and select MD5. In the Value box delete the text and enter your new password. Click Go.
- Open your WordPress login page and log in using your username and new password.