This article describes how-to configure Microsoft Entourage 2008 to send & receive email using IMAP and your Ecenica email address.
Before you start checklist
Have the following details ready before you start:
- Your domain name
- Your email address
- Your email password
For help on creating your email addresses in your control panel see this article:
Configuring IMAP in Entourage 2008
- Open Entourage
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts….
- Click ‘New’. Select IMAP and then click OK.
- Enter an Account Name of your choice, your name and your email address.
- For Account ID enter your email address (For example, email@example.com).
- Enter the ‘IMAP Server‘ as mail.example.com, replacing ‘example.com’ with the domain of your hosting account, and your email password.
- Check Save password in my Mac OS keychain
- Enter the ‘SMTP Server‘ as mail.mydomain.com, replacing ‘mydomain.com’ with the domain of your hosting account.
- Click Click here for advanced sending options
- Click SMTP server requires authentication‘.
- Select Use same settings as receiving mail server.
- Close the advanced sending options window
- Click OK.
- Close the ‘Accounts’ screen to return to Entourage.
Entourage will now be ready to send & receive email.