Password Protect a Folder
- Login to your Ecenica cPanel.
- Click Password Protect Directories.
- Choose Web Root.
- To open a folder click the folder icon next to the folder name. Click Up one level to go back.
- Select the folder you wish to protect by clicking on its name.
- Click the Password protect this directory checkbox.
- Enter a name to the password protected directory. (This is the name visitors will see. It can appear as anything, no matter what the directory is called.)
- Click Save.
- Click Go Back
Create a User
- Enter the username, password, and password confirmation in the boxes.
- Click Add/modify authorized user.
Remove a User
To delete a user from the protected folder list;
- Select the user name from the Authorized Users list.
- While the user name is highlighted, click Delete User to delete the account.
Remove Password Protection
- To remove password protection from a folder, uncheck Password protect this directory.