This article describes how to setup Microsoft Office for Mac Outlook 2011 to connect to your Ecenica email address using IMAP.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn to do the following:
- Open Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Create an IMAP email address
- Enter your email settings
- Send and Receive email using Outlook 2011
Before you start checklist
Have the following ready before you start:
- Your domain name.
- Your email address.
- Your email password.
- Ecenica SMTP bolt-on.
- Microsoft Outlook 2011 installed on your Mac.
Setup IMAP email in Microsoft Outlook 2011
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2011. If you have just installed Outlook 2011 it will show in your Dock.
- If you see a Welcome to Outlook screen, click Add Account. Otherwise click Tools > Accounts > Add Account from the Apple Menu bar.
- Click E-mail Account.
- Enter your Ecenica email address, e.g. email@example.com, and password.
- Your Ecenica email address for User name. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select IMAP for Type.
- mail.example.com as your Incoming Server.
- mail.example.com as your Outgoing Server.
Replace example.com with your Ecenica domain name.
- Click Add Account.
- Click More Options.
- Select Use Incoming Server Info for Authentication.
- Click OK
- Close the Accounts window.
- Your Ecenica IMAP email account now appears on the left-side of Outlook 2011.
- Click Send/Receive.
- Outlook will now connect to your Ecenica email account and show you any emails in your inbox.
Congratulations. You’ve now configured Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac to send and receive email using IMAP.