If you have forgotten your Magento admin password and the ‘reset password’ email isn’t working then you can reset your password directly in the database using the steps below.
- Login to your Ecenica cPanel control panel. See Where do I login to control panel?
- Click phpMyAdmin.
- Select your Magento database on the left.
- Click the SQL tab.
- Enter the following MySQL query into the box:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('PASSWORD') WHERE `username` = 'ADMINUSER';
- Update the MySQL query and replace the PASSWORD and ADMINUSER with your own details:
- PASSWORD – Enter the new password you wish to use.
- ADMINUSER – Enter your admin username.
E.g. If your username us admin and you wanted your new password to be M&gent0 then you would run the following MySQL query:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('M&gent0') WHERE `username` = 'admin';
- Click Go to run the query.
- Login to your Magento website with your new admin password.