This article shows you how to update your domain’s name servers hosted by1&1 IONOS – the German-based web hosting provider. This method does not transfer the domain to Ecenica, so you’ll still need to contact 1&1 IONOS to renew your domain, or if you have a problem with your domain. If you would prefer to transfer your domain to us, see How to transfer 1&1 IONOS domain names to Ecenica.
- Log in to 1&1 IONOS.
- Click Domains.
- Select the domain you wish to manage.
- Click Nameserver
- Click Use custom name servers
- Enter ns1.ecenica.com for Name server 1.
- Enter ns2.ecenica.com for Name server 2
- Click Save then click Yes
- The name server change may take up to 48 hours to complete.
- If your domain has expired you will need to renew it first before updating your name servers.
- We can only support domains registered or transferred to us. If you have any difficulties you will need to contact 1&1 IONOS for help.