Twitter is a great way of boosting traffic to your site and a fantastic way of keeping in touch with your customers and visitors.
Using the built in Twitter Tools found in your Ecenica blog you can automatically update your Twitter profile whenever you publish a new post.
Sign up for a Twitter Account
If you already have a Twitter account you skip this part and go direct to configuring Twitter Tools in your blog. If you’re new to Twitter opening a new account is very easy and free. VIsit Twitter and click sign up.
Setup your WordPress Blog
If you’ve not already signed up for one of our Ecenica Hosted WordPress Blogs, then do so now. Sign up is extremely easy, quick and won’t break your bank account.
Configuring Twitter Tools
- Sign in to your Ecenica blog as normal. Eg. http://example.com/wp-admin. Swapping example.com with your own domain name.
- From the left menu, click Twitter Tools found under the Settings section. Settings > Twitter Tools.
- Enter your Twitter User name and password and click the Test Login Button to verify your details are correct. If you get an error, try re-entering your Twitter username and password.
- You can now edit some settings which effect how your Twitter posts are displayed and collected.
- Once you’re happy with your settings click the Update Twitter Tools Options at the bottom of the page.
How to notify Twitter about your post
- Open a new post (Posts > Add New), or edit an existing post (Posts > Edit).
- Locate the Twitter Tools module found below the main editor.
- Click on the Yes option.
- Now when you Publish Twitter will be notified of your new post and display a link back to your new post.