In this article we show you how you can connect your Ecenica domain name to Help Scout by adding CNAME DNS records using Ecenica DNS.
Steps to add a Help Scout CNAME record
- Log in to Ecenica Dashboard.
- Go to My Domains.
- Click a domain you wish to manage.
- From the menu, click DNS.
- Enter the name for your new record. For example:
- Enter help to create a new DNS CNAME record at help.example.com
- Select CNAME from the Type drop-down list.
- Enter your Help Scout URL into the Value field. For example, company-name.helpscoutdocs.com
- Click Add.
After adding the CNAME head back to Help Scout to add your custom domain to your Docs Settings
Your domain name will be instantly updated with your new DNS CNAME record. However if you can’t see the new DNS record when you view it on your device it’s likely your router or ISP has a cache of your old DNS records. Please allow 48 hours for these DNS caches to clear.
Help for your Help Scout DNS record
If you’re not sure what CNAME record to create or CNAMEW value to add, or need help adding your custom domain to your Help Scout account the support team at Help Scout will be able to help you find the right format and value. You can send them the link to this article to help them understand what you’re looking for if you’re not sure how to explain it.