A contact form is a great way of encouraging your visitors to get in touch without you having to publish your private email address. Keeping it safe from spammers.
How do I add a contact form to my WordPress website?
Adding a contact form to your Ecenica WordPress blog or site is easy with the use of a plugin. A number of popular WordPress themes already bundle a contact form plugin during install, so your website may already have the contact form plugin ready to go.
We recommend using Contact Form 7 a popular plugin which has been around for a number of years.
How-to install Contact Form 7
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Click Plugins > Add New
- Search for Contact Form 7
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate
How to use Contact Form 7
After install a new menu item Contact will be added to your WordPress dashboard sidebar. This is where you can manage and control all the settings for Contact Form 7.
- Click Contact to open the Contact Form 7 settings.
- On install an example contact form will be added. Click Contact Form 1 to view the example form settings.
- To use the example form add the Shortcode at the top to your WordPress page, post or widget.
What mail settings should I use in Contact Form 7?
We recommend the following settings for email delivery:
- To: The email address you want to send contact form messages to. This should be your company email, for example, email@example.com
- From: We recommend setting this as the same email address as To.
- Additional Headers: Use Reply-To: [your-email] to use the address your contact form user has supplied. This means when you click ‘Reply’ in your email app or Webmail the ‘To’ field will be pre-filled to the user who contacted you.