When you attempt to send and receive e-mail you get one of the following error messages;
The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server 0x8004210a
This error message may occur if Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server. These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following:
- You are not connected to the Internet or a network, or your mail server is temporarily unavailable.
- The mail server domain name is not correct, has not been registered, or has not had sufficient time to propagate throughout the Internet
- Your account settings are incorrect.
- Your user profile in Outlook is damaged.
- An e-mail item on your POP3 server is damaged.
- The configuration of your AV software is incorrect.
- Outlook Express was removed from the computer or the installation is damaged.
- The configuration of your personal firewall software is incorrect.
- See Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and Outlook Express
- If you have purchased a new domain, transferred your domain to Ecenica Hosting, or made changes to updated your domain’s name servers, please allow 24 hours before trying to connect. Changes to domain configurations typically take 24 hours to publish throughout the Worlds ISPs.
- If you’ve updated your domain record yourself, check that you’re using the correct IP address. Note that we’re only able to provide technical support for our name servers.