Unable to Move Message: The message could not be moved to the mailbox
- You’re unable to move your emails to a folder on your iPhone or iPad.
- You cannot delete emails on your iPhone or iPad.
- Sent emails are not saved to your sent messages folder.
This error is caused by a missing IMAP Path prefix setting on your iPhone or iPad Mail. Ecenica email accounts need an IMAP path prefix to be configured on iOS devices.
Follow the steps below to set your IMAP Path Prefix for your Ecenica email address. These steps apply to iPhone and iPads running iOS 7 and will also work with iOS 6.
- Press the Home button and tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap your email account.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced.
- Tap the empty IMAP Path Prefix.
- Enter INBOX in all caps.
- Press the Home button and then re-open Mail.
- You can now delete your emails normally on your iPhone and iPad.