When you attempt to download email using POP/POP3, the following error can occur:
"Your mailbox is already locked"
- Your email client will not download email and displays the error message above.
- The problem is intermittent.
- You are using POP/POP3 to download email.
- The problem occurs with different users, from different domains.
- You are able to download email using IMAP and Webmail.
Your mailbox has been automatically locked.
Locked mailboxes are automatically unlocked after 2-5 minutes of inactivity.
Only one user at a time can use a POP mailbox (the same mailbox). If another user, attempts to connect to the same mailbox at the same time, they will get a lock notification.
If you are sharing your Ecenica mailbox across multiple devices consider using IMAP.