Web Mail deletes email using a ‘two-step’ process. First you delete your email, then you confirm and permanently delete the email. The ‘two-step’ process avoids you accidentally deleting email by mistake and lets you recover it before it is too late.
Deleting Email in Mailbox View
Use any of the following actions to delete email when viewing your email in mailbox view:
- Click an email.
- Now click Move Message to Deleted Items in the main menu.
Click and drag an email to your Deleted Items folder.
- Click an email, now press the delete key on your PC/Mac’s keyboard.
- Right-click and select Move message to Deleted Items.
Deleting Email in Reading Message View
If you double-click on the message in your mailbox, your email will be shown in Message Mode. You can now use the following actions to delete the email:
Click Move Message to Deleted Items button in the main menu. The email will now be marked for deletion. Click the green back arrow to go back to your email list.
Select Deleted Items from the Move To… drop-down list located in the main menu.
Deleting Multiple Emails
When viewing your emails in mailbox mode, you can select multiple emails and delete them using any of the actions above. See How do I select multiple messages?.
How do I permanently delete emails.
Any of the above steps will mark an email for deletion. Emails marked for deletion will appear ‘greyed-out’.
Emails in this state can still be recovered and re-read. To permanently delete emails that are marked for deletion please do any of the following:
- Click ‘Compact’ in the bottom left. See What does Compact do?.
- Empty your Deleted Items folder. See How do I empty my webmail trash folder?
- Logout of Webmail by clicking the Logout button at the top right.
All emails marked for deletion will now be permanently removed from your email account.