What are addon domains?
Addon domains in cPanel allow you to add an additional domain names to your web hosting account, each with their own website and emails. Your new Addon domains will share the disk space and bandwidth allowance of your existing Ecenica web hosting package.
How can I create an addon domain?
- Log in to cPanel.
- For help accessing your cPanel see Where do I log in to my hosting control panel.
- Click Addon Domains
- Enter your new domain name, for example yourdomain.com
- Click Add Domain
How do I upload files to my addon domain?
After you’ve created your new addon domain using the steps above a new sub-folder will be added to your public_html directory called, for example domain.com. Your website files need to be uploaded to this folder.
How do I add email addresses to my addon domain?
You can create email accounts to your addon domain name using the normal steps found in the guide linked below.
How do I delete and remove my addon domain?
If you no longer need your addon domain name then you can delete and remove it from your cPanel account using the steps below. Please note that deleting a addon domain does not delete your folders, files and databases.
- Login into your Ecenica cPanel.
- Click Addon Domains
- Click Remove
Addon Domain Troubleshooting
When I try to add my addon domain I receieve an error “A DNS entry for the domain “addondomain.example.com” already exists.
- Open Zone Editor in cPanel.
- Click Manage next to your primary domain.
- Select A from the Filter.
- Find the addondomain.example.com DNS record.
- Click Delete next to the addondomain.example.com DNS records.
- Re-attempt the addition of your addon domain.
I’ve added my domain, but when I view it in my web browser it’s not connected to my Ecenica hosting service
- If your addon domain is registered with Ecenica and has FreeDNS active then FreeDNS will need to be removed first so your domain’s DNS can be controlled by your Ecenica hosting service.
- Please open a support ticket requesting FreeDNS to be removed.
If your addon domain is registered elsewhere you will need to connect your domain to your Ecenica hosting service.