In this article we’ll provide the steps for you to clone a WordPress website to another domain or sub-domain on your Ecenica web hosting account. This is useful if you want to make a development or staging website you’ve built live or wish to duplicate or move a website to new domain.
Steps to clone a WordPress website
- Log in to cPanel.
- For help accessing your cPanel see Where do I log in to my hosting control panel.
- Click Softaculous Apps Installer
- Click All Installations
- Click Clone for the WordPress website you wish to clone.
- Select the protocol and domain you wish to clone your WordPress to. E.g. https://www and yournewdomain.com
- If you wish to access your WordPress site at a sub-directory, for example /blog/ then enter the directory name. Otherwise, please leave this field blank.
- Click Clone Installation