This article describes how you can quickly and easily setup your email address in Apple Mail on your Mac using our automatic email configuration, available with all Ecenica web hosting and email packages.
How-to auto setup Apple Mail
- Log in to cPanel. See Where do I login to control panel?
- Click Email Accounts.
- Click More next to the email address you wish to setup.
- Select Set Up Mail Client.
- Click IMAP over SSL/TLS next to iOS for iPhone/iPad/iPod and MacOS® Mail.app® for Mountain Lion (10.8+)
- Click Proceed to download the auto email setup file to your Mac.
- Open file you’ve just downloaded. Saved by default to your ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Click Continue to confirm you wish to install your profile.
- Click Continue to confirm it is unsigned.
- Click Ok on the prompts.
- Enter your Ecenica email account password to complete the setup of your email account.
Your Ecenica email address will be added to Apple Mail on your MacBook or iMac.
I see the error Profile installation failed. Unable to verify account or password.
Please check you are entering your mailbox password during setup. If you have lost your email account password, try changing your email account password