Use the steps below to add DNS host A records for your Ecenica domain names using Ecenica FreeDNS.
Steps to Add a DNS A Record
- Log in to your Ecenica Dashboard
- Click Domains.
- Click a domain you wish to manage.
- From the menu, Click Domain Tools > DNS Management
- Select A from the Filter to only show your domain’s A records
- Click the arrow next to Add Record and select Add A Record
- For Name, enter the domain itself, for example, example.com. or a subdomain for example, newrecord.example.com you’re creating the A record for.
Enter the IP Address you’ve been provided into the Record field and click Add Record
Your domain name will be instantly updated with your new DNS A record. However if you can’t see the change on your PC or Mac it’s likely your router has a cache of your old DNS records. Please allow 48 hours for these DNS caches to clear.