Use the steps below to add DNS host A records to your Ecenica domain name using Ecenica DNS.
Steps to Add a DNS A Record
- Log in to Ecenica Dashboard.
- Go to My Domains.
- Click a domain you wish to manage.
- From the menu, click DNS.
- Enter the name for your new record. For example:
- Use @ to add a new DNS record at your domain root e.g. example.com
- Use www to create a new DNS record at www.example.com
- Select A from the Type drop-down list.
- Optionally, enter a TTL (Time To Live). The default minimum TTL for Ecenica DNS is 1h (3600 seconds)
- Enter the IP Address into the Value field
- Click Add.
Your domain name will be instantly updated with your new DNS A record. However if you can’t see the new DNS record when you view it on your device it’s likely your router or ISP has a cache of your old DNS records. Please allow 48 hours for these DNS caches to clear.